Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
Intel is currently seeking Firmware Engineer to join a team working on next-generation Solid State Disk (SSD) solutions within our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group. In this position, you will join a fast-paced team developing new, cutting-edge firmware for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD). You will utilize and grow your experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with the ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. You will gain experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe. The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, you would be expected to work closely and communicate well with your team/organization. Other responsibilities include: Developing C source code, review, and maintain it. Working with product/s specification/s. Looking for, proposing and developing solutions that meet our customers' needs. Performing and proposing design unit and system-level test.
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science
- Experience programming in C, embedded programming
- Experience in source code development, review and maintenance C (preferably around embedded SW or OS low-level drivers)
- Experience in using scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Be motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Understanding of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool-chains
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Very good teamwork and communication skills
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.