Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
As MKS is a federal contractor, it must comply with the Biden Administration’s federal contractor vaccine mandate (the “Contractor Mandate”) if it is reinstated by the courts. Should you receive and accept an offer of employment, you will be asked whether you are fully vaccinated or whether you will apply for an exemption (due to a (a) qualifying medical condition, certified by your healthcare provider or (b) sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) in the event MKS must enforce a mandatory vaccination policy in the future. Please be aware that if the Contractor Mandate is reinstated and you choose to remain unvaccinated without an approved exemption, MKS will not be able to continue to employ you. Unless and until the Contractor Mandate is reinstated, all employees who have not shown proof of vaccination must comply with additional safety protocols, including COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable law.
ESI is a brand within the MKS Instruments Equipment & Solutions Division. The ESI portfolio consists of laser-based micro manufacturing systems and component test systems that are used worldwide by manufacturers in the electronics industry to process the materials and components that are an integral part of the electronic devices and systems in use today. Leveraging over 40 years of laser-material interaction expertise and applied laser technology, ESI solutions enable customers to optimize production by providing more control, greater application flexibility and more precise manipulation of a wide range of materials. The result is higher production quality, increased throughput and higher back-end yields at a lower total cost of ownership.
This position is within the Fusion Engineering team of Equipment & Solution Division, MKS Instruments. Specifically, this team designs the embedded controller as a platform to drive all the products within Equipment & Solution Division.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Embedded Software Engineer who can support existing and future products by performing the following duties:
• Develop embedded software for both real-time and non-real-time environments
• Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to determine design requirements, parameters, and success criteria
• Design experiments, analyze and interpret test data to verify a design meets functional and performance specifications
• Consult with field service personnel concerning field issues of performance and reliability
• Maintain embedded OS, including updating, building, and testing
• Potentially development/maintenance FPGA code, module, and system level simulation/validation, and in system verification
What will you bring to the team, along with your passion for innovation is:
Who you are:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent. New college graduate will be considered.
• Strong problem-solving skills and accountability to drive issues to closure
• Ability to succeed in a fast paced, technically challenging, and multi-disciplinary team environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong C/C++ programming experience
• Experience with git or other version control system
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming
• Familiarity with Linux
• Ability to travel internationally in support of ESI system installations and applications. Travel may be expected up to 10%.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of different embedded runtime environments (bare metal, RTOS) is a plus
• Knowledge of signal processing and/or control system design is a plus
• Some experience with application-level development (C#) is a plus.
• Familiarity with Python is a plus
• Familiarity with Verilog/VHDL is a plus
• Familiarity with ARM processor architecture is a plus
We offer flexible work options for this position as well with some days onsite in our Beaverton, OR site and some days remote.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.