Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer who is experienced with microcontrollers and their hardware subsystems.
You will work closely with the multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to improve the performance and capabilities of our reactive gas generation systems.
Your key activities will include:
• Design, implementation, verification, and validation of embedded control systems.
• Assist in failure analysis/mitigation of legacy firmware designs issues
• Collaborate in the design, review, and construction of machine to machine and human to machine interfaces of reactive gas generator systems.
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity and creativity is:
• BS science, technology, engineering, math degree or equivalent with 3+ years working with embedded microcontroller systems
• Fluency with C programming language and familiarity with C++ and Python programming languages
• Experience working at the software/hardware interface of embedded systems
• Familiarity with basic electronics lab equipment and their use in diagnosing and debugging issues with embedded microcontroller systems
• Must be comfortable working in both “new” and “legacy code” bases
• Familiarity with Perforce, or similar version control systems, is a plus
• Experience with Model Based Design (Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow) is highly desirable
• Ability to work collaboratively with other software engineers and engineers/scientists of other disciplines
• Ability to learn new skills and technologies through both self-directed and guided study.
We offer flexible work options for this position as well with some days onsite in Wilmington, MA and some days remote.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.