Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
The Senior Embedded Engineer is responsible for development of Embedded Electronics and Software/Firmware supporting products developed by Paragon. This individual is also responsible for Architecture, Test Planning, Testing and Quality Assurance. The Senior Embedded Engineer provides mentoring and coaching for less experienced engineers on the team. This individual will assist in requirements gathering, planning, cost estimation, preparation, and presentation of proposals for new business. The Senior Embedded Engineer will maintain high levels of contact with customers and identify opportunities for new projects.
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives to develop software, electronics hardware and firmware for complex embedded systems.
• Utilize schematic capture tools and computer simulation to create designs for complex systems. Use electronic test equipment such as emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc. Utilize vendor resources to incorporate the latest technology in new designs.
• Prepare feasibility analysis, cost estimates and detailed specifications from which electronic and software designs may be executed.
• Work at the highest technical level on complex applications.
• Responsible for adhering to and augmenting when appropriate company development and quality standards.
• Code, test, debug and maintain embedded software and embedded support software.
• Analyze, test, debug and maintain electronics hardware.
• May lead small teams in the execution of design activities. Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced engineering team members.
• Review designs of other engineers for compliance with company quality standards
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in EE, EET, ESET, CE or related field and seven or more years experience in Embedded Software Development required.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Altium Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
• Orcad Schematic Caputure
• Allegro PCB Layout
• Digital Electronic Development Skills, including Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
• C/C++ Language Skills
• Python Language Skill a plus
• Real Time Kernel and Multi-tasking Skills
• Firmware diagnostic tool experience (Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, In Circuit Debuggers, etc.)
• IOS and/or Android App Development, Embedded Linux Driver or Application, web development experience a plus