Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
Role will focus on continued development of the Sierra Engine Scanner product, as well as the development of the Sierra Dealer Solutions platform. Initially this role will be responsible for the development of engine source code data to support the launch of the engine scanner. Post launch, this role will support all programming of the product, as well as begin developing the second phase of the product to include additional engine compatibility.
• Develop software updates for Sierra Touch and Test System (STATS), a handheld engine diagnostic tool communicating with marine engine’s Electronic Control Module (ECM)
• Maintain existing source codes and deploy incremental improvements and bug fixes, using C language
• Work with Product Managers to identify, capture and refine engine codes. Support adjacent supporting software (IQ, Loader, etc.).
• Reverse engineer new engine diagnostic codes using the process transferred by the original software development team
• Participate in system and field testing to verify software releases
• Lead application support and troubleshooting as required.
• Interact with internal customers, vendors and external organizations to refine understanding of requirements and identify opportunities for innovation
• B.S in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Embedded Software application development experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience developing the multi-threaded software application using C, C++,C#, MSSQL Server
• Ability to work in cross-functional disciplines which includes Engineering, IT, Technical Support
• Familiarity with Renesas H8S2456 Microprocessor, Altera FGPA/ECU/ECM and OBD and CAN-based communications and diagnostic data exchanges
• Understanding of hardware system design and hardware / software interfaces
• Experience with Marine Onboard Diagnostics
• Strong problem-solving abilities; High level of oral and written communication skills; High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
• Experience with agile development methods.