Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
KEF is acknowledged world wide as a leading manufacturer of high end loudspeakers and hi fi systems. Founded in 1961, the company is one of the few in the field that both develops and manufactures its own technology: cabinets, drivers, software and most electronics. We pride ourselves on our technical excellence and innovation, producing many patents and papers over the years.
KEF shares its research facility with its sister company, Celestion International, a leader in the field of OEM drive units for guitar and PA. This allows both brands to benefit from advanced tools and technologies that are the envy of rivals around the world.
We’re looking for a Senior or Principal Hardware Engineer with passion for audio and music to join our R&D team on a permanent basis. The Engineer will be the focal point of KEF electronics designs and help us shape the future of high end audio.
Maidstone, Kent, UK ( can discuss some flexibility)
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in a relevant field: Electronics, Telecommunications, Physics, etc…
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- 25 days holidays + public holidays
- Flexible working week
- Career pathway and development plan tailored to your aspirations.
- Design and review electronic systems for high end audio: power, analog and digital sections.
- Lead and carry technical work on R&D projects, from exploration to proof of concept.
- Communicate with stakeholders to transform product concepts and requirements into concrete designs.
- Guide manufacturing team in China to create products based on our own designs.
- Communicate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to help integrate software, electronics and mechanical designs.
- Manage and mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Previous experience designing hardware for audio devices (ideally, some experience on power, analog and digital electronics).
- Exposure to the whole product life cycle , from concept to production
- Mastery of the usual hardware engineering tools: Kicad / Orcad , LTSpice
- High level of general computer literacy on either Windows or Linux.
- Analog filtering: working knowledge of pros and cons of filters and closed loop circuits
- Amplifiers: working knowledge of different configurations used for signal amplification and its application to audio systems.
- Power electronics: exposure to design of power supplies for low noise applications
- Digital electronics: experience selecting parts for audio applications.
Extra points if you have:
- Experience designing and simulating cooling systems.
- Used a digital task management tool such Jira, Redmine, etc.
- Experience writing embedded software in C / C++.
- Used a 3D modelling software such as Solid Edge.
- Good understanding of mathematics and physics. Double points if directly related to acoustics
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance. As such, many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations until we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone). These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted.
KEF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Please, send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org