Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
As MKS is a federal contractor, it must comply with the Biden Administration’s federal contractor vaccine mandate (the “Contractor Mandate”) if it is reinstated by the courts. Should you receive and accept an offer of employment, you will be asked whether you are fully vaccinated or whether you will apply for an exemption (due to a (a) qualifying medical condition, certified by your healthcare provider or (b) sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) in the event MKS must enforce a mandatory vaccination policy in the future. Please be aware that if the Contractor Mandate is reinstated and you choose to remain unvaccinated without an approved exemption, MKS will not be able to continue to employ you. Unless and until the Contractor Mandate is reinstated, all employees who have not shown proof of vaccination must comply with additional safety protocols, including COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable law.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Embedded Software Engineer who can…
• Develop embedded application and BSP firmware for MKS pressure control valves used in semiconductor manufacturing & other vacuum applications.
• Work with the Hardware and Controls Engineering staff to develop innovative solutions to customer problems.
• Troubleshoot issues at the hardware and system level.
• Perform tests and develop automation scripts to validate firmware and system-level functionality and features, data collection and analysis, then document the procedures and results.
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity?
• B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with 3+ years related experience
• Proficient in real-time embedded firmware development using C/C++
• Python would be nice to have
• Experience with a PC-based development environment, as well as in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other equipment for embedded systems development
• Proficient in working with 16/32-bit microprocessors and/or DSPs with multiple peripherals and communication interfaces
• Experience with communication protocols used in industrial controls or semiconductor environments, such as EtherCAT, DeviceNet, and TCP/IP.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
• Good communication skills and a “hands on” approach to problem solving
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, strong sense of ownership and desire for excellence
We offer flexible work options for this position as well with some days onsite in Andover and some days remote.
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.