Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Principal Electrical Systems Engineer who can lead the development of next generation technologies that enable new market applications. As such you will provide technical leadership in efforts associated with a variety of disciplines, including electronic control systems, mechanical subsystems, signal acquisition and data processing. This is an opportunity that will encompass multiple product families that include remote plasma sources, microwave delivery systems, and ozone generators
You will be successful because of your proven abilities to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on cross-functional projects. You are highly self-motivated and capable of combining the efforts of cross-functional teams to support innovative designs and differentiated technology.
• Work as the lead of a technical team responsible for the design, modeling, test, and packaging of highly complex components and systems
• Drive project completion across functional groups including Marketing, Engineering, Production, Manufacturing, Quality, and Reliability
• Work closely with Product Marketing and Product Management to scope market requirements and customer needs
• Create system level engineering design specifications and project scope documents
• Manage project budgetary costs, schedule, and technical specifications
• Develop, document, and execute design verification plans. Report on results and recommend appropriate engineering tradeoffs to optimize functional performance, reliability, and product cost
• Communicate effectively with both the development team and management stakeholders in both oral and written forms. Ensure product design meets industry and regulatory compliance requirements and standards
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement cross multiple product lines
• Analyze and implement continuous improvements for improvements in quality, reliability, and cost reduction
What you will bring to the team:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required with 7+ years of experience
• At least 2+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, specifically in the field of product development and interfacing with cross-functional teams
• Ability to understand and manage tradeoffs between cost, performance, and schedules
• Skilled with the design and test of complex hardware/embedded software systems that begin with proper scope, requirements reviews, and developing the concepts necessary for operation
• Strong technical communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
• Proven accomplishments in mechanical, electrical or systems design
• Skilled with Failure Analysis (FMEA)
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, for positions requiring access to export-controlled goods and technical data that are subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), MKS Instruments. Inc. may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. Government. As such, applicants for these positions, except “U.S. persons” (generally defined as U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (e.g., Green Card holders)), and individuals who is granted status as a “protected person” under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), such as refugees and asylees, may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.