Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting and opportunistic industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Sr. Firmware Engineer to join our Firmware Engineering team based at our Plano, Texas location. As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full life cycle of design, development, modification, testing, debugging, and support for new and existing embedded software for our embedded Linux and Android based products.
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Android/Linux based products C, & C++ development environments.
- Embedded Linux Kernel / OS development on ARM based platforms including configuration management, build, deployment, hardware interfaces, device driver, device tree
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including: feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Interfacing software applications with other devices and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
- Special projects as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required
- A minimum of 10 years of proven experience developing and debugging embedded software, preferably for Android/Linux.
- A minimum of at least 2 years’ experience as a team lead or technical expert
- Must have strong C, & C++ skills.
- Must have experience with:
- Linux OS internals, Linux kernel software
- Embedded Linux U-Boot/kernel development and customization
- Linux Device Tree development
- Embedded Linux device driver development, optimizations, bug fixing, add new functionality
- Ability to independently read and understand electrical schematics
- Hardware and software abstraction
- File system operations
- Multi-threaded and multi-process architectures
- TCP/UDP client and server implementations
- Resource constrained processors (e.g. single core ARM)
- Experience debugging embedded systems where step debugging may not be available.
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
- Experience with HW accelerated graphics processing (OpenGL ES) is beneficial.
- Android NDK and SDK is beneficial
At Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more.
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.