Embedded Systems Jobs Board
Job Openings for Embedded Systems Engineers
About Sterling Medical Devices:
Sterling Medical Devices, a provider of custom electro-mechanical and software solutions for the medical device industry, has been dedicated to helping our clients resolve medical device development challenges. Our engineering teams address the whole development process: systems, software, electronics, mechanical, quality, and compliance. Our headquarters, located in Moonachie, NJ, is a casual work environment that engages our team in cutting edge technologies and projects.
Sterling has over 20 years of experience working with doctors, startups, medical device companies and providing solutions for healthcare companies that need to scale up quickly to bring medical device software, hardware, mechanical, and mobile medical device apps to market by successfully navigating the FDA and CE approval process. We design our client’s products with a focus on the user needs and requirements, while making smart design choices based on our extensive and diverse product development experience.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY candidates that have a minimum of 5 years of FPGA/CPLD/programmable logic design will be considered.
We are currently searching for an experienced FPGA Software Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible the development, simulation, implementation and testing of FPGA/CPLD and embedded microprocessor based systems for state of the art medical devices. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a passion for being part of a team developing medical technologies that improve people’s lives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in FPGA/CPLD/programmable logic design
- Recent experience with Altera or Xilinx design workflows using VHDL
- Experience implementing DSP algorithms using FPGAs
- Experience with embedded software development in C
- Industry experience in design, development and testing of embedded systems - particularly PIC, MSP430, and ARM processors
- Low-power microcontroller support hardware design
- Analog design: filters, sensor interface, motor controllers, and optical interfaces
- Hands on lab experience, including soldering and simple mechanical fabrication
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a safety-related quality process
- Experience with Altera (Intel) Quartus tools and Nios II processor configuration preferred
- Experience with buses such as LVDS, DisplayPort, or HDMI preferred
- Experience with MCUs such as the ARM Cortex M series preferred
- Experience with ISO, FDA, etc. would be a plus
- Embedded single board computer integration using a Linux OS is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic digital electronics debugging skills (oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
- Ability to write system requirements, design documentation, and test reports
- Knowledge of digital video fundamentals preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sterling Medical Devices (SMD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SMD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.”
Local candidates only at this time, please. We do not offer relocation assistance.
No third-party candidates please.